Posts from: November '12
About 10 days ago, I released a small new release of AGG - version 0.3.1.
- Ability to embed watermarks in the images;
- Ability to reorder the images in the gallery, or to add new images, to delete some, to do some "apply to multiple" operations like rotating of a bunch of images 90 degrees, sorting, etc. This is accessible from File->Add/Reorder images;
- AGG can find for you all duplicate images (strictly identical or just very similar) in the project. The threshold, which determines the maximum allowable difference between two "similar" images can be tuned;
- "Short names" of the files in the HTML of the gallery, in order to avoid messing up with the table layout;
- If requested, AGG can directly preview the resulting gallery in a browser;
- A list of recently-opened projects is added;
- The Timelapse tool is now official. As a slight improvement, it does no longer require Exif in the files, you can use it as a dumb deflicker/brightness correction filter. Also, it can now cope with images lacking an F-number (i.e., because you used a "full manual" lens like the MS Peleng 8mm fisheye :))
Besides that, there are numerous bugfixes. When using "Sort by exif date" in 0.3.0, creating a new project would usually lead to a crash. Also, if the input images are small (they don't require rescaling), sometimes you would get an empty gallery. In some cases, if Auto-save is on when you created a new project, the old project would be falsely overwritten. I also fixed a pesky bug, which appeared only rarely at gallery creation, causing the app to freeze. All in all, I'm very satisfied with the improved stability of the new version :).
With all this in mind, you should now go and download that new version immediately!