Posts from: March '09
After three weeks of testing, tuning, reading a bunch of discussion boards, etc., etc. ... I finally got rid of the Fedora 10, which I had installed on my Eee PC 901. This OS is simply not designed for such hardware and they cannot stand each other.
- Lags noticeably, it has to cache a lot of stuff until it gets running smoothly;
- The WiFi adapter cannot be switched off, and this has proven to be crucial. I didn't even suspect that this module robs so much power;
- The external mic jack doesn't work, wtf?
- It almost melted my laptop once. It happened when the shutdown phase froze at some point. Then I, unknowingly, put the laptop in its bag and then in my backpack. Got it out an hour later. It was so warm, that it was barely manageable to hold in your hands, the fan was whining loudly in agony, the air coming from it had the smell of a fan heater;
- KDE4, absolutely unuseable. It's like running Vista on a Pentium 1.
Whatever :) I felt the unmeasurable joy of typing the command
# rm -rf /
So - Xandros, welcome back!